How To Play Golf: A Simple Manual For Dummies
So you have decided that you want to take up golf as your new sport- you have made a great choice indeed. Golf is indisputably a gentleman’s game. It is entertaining, even though it may be annoying at first. However, once you get the hang of it, you will not want to leave your golf clubs ever, even while you sleep! Here are a few starting points for the game that you must keep in mind:
The basics of golf
- The golf terminology is quite vast, which means you will need to have patience to learn many terms that are essentially used in the game.
- Many rules of golf are not so apparent. Unless you are playing the game for money, many of these rules are not so important either, but you must know them anyhow.
- There is a dress code set by golf courses for male and female players. Mostly, it is collared shirts for males and pants, shorts, skirts, etc. are good for female golfers. However, you must carry non- mandatory items like sunglasses, sun- tan lotion, hat, etc.
Etiquettes of Golf
You just cannot afford to commit some blunders during your game of golf. Some of the common mistakes of this beautiful game are:
- When the golf ball lands on greens, it may leave an indent. This indent may distort the putts. You must repair these indents or pitch marks; otherwise, the roots may be destroyed. You must know how you can repair the pitch marks. In addition, you must fix your sand traps and divots.
- You must not be seen hanging around when it is your chance to play the shot. You must be ready to play your shot.
- Talking aloud in the golf course while other golfers are playing their shot is absolutely intolerable. Even if you want to talk, your voice should be low enough that the golfer taking the putt shot is not able to hear you.
- If your tees are not broken, they can be reused. If they are broken, you can drop them in the trashcan. In any case, you must pick up the tees. If you are standing on par 3, you may leave the top portion of the tee so that someone else may use it.
Much other etiquette is there that must be followed while playing golf that you can learn on your own or with time.