Easy Ways To Find Affordable Hotels For Your Golf Vacation
Recession Proof Golfers
When planning their golfing vacation, most golfers prioritize their game before their accommodation. It is more important for them get the tee times they want at the best courses in the area. As long as they have a bed to sleep in at night and place to eat breakfast in the morning, any accommodation will do. However, that does not mean they will skimp on a quality hotel. They are looking for the best value on a hotel deal for the most affordable price. This article will give some hints and tips on how to find "Four Season" quality hotels for "Holiday Inn" prices.
Here are some ways to cut costs on hotels without sacrificing quality:
- Book out of season. If you are flexible with your dates, look at the dates when everybody else is stuck at work and the children still at school. Remember that, like airline seats, an empty room is worth nothing so the hotel will be glad for someone to fill it, even at 50% or more off.
- Book the hotel through the golf course. Many golf courses will have agreements with the nearest hotels and will probably be able to get you a discount. Get your golf straight first then find the hotel.
- Negotiate. Try booking more nights or asking them for special offers. Ask about deals that combine golf and accommodation, ask for free or discounted children; there's not harm in asking. Here are some basic negotiation tips: don't be under time pressure, tell them your have other options to create competition with others
- Stay at a hotel that is not at the golf course you intend to play. Many hotel that cater to golfers are usually more expensive as golfers have more money. Of course, you will then have to calculate transport costs from your hotel to the course.
- Look locally. Check your local travel agent, ask the other member's at your golf club, check your paper and browse golf magazines at the library.
- Check online and use price comparison websites to compare many golf courses at once.
- Price check online but book over the phone. If you find a cheap price on a booking website, call the hotel and speak to them directly: you will get it cheaper because the booking site gets a commission.
Use any of these tips to find affordable hotels on your next golfing holiday and you can spend the savings on more lessons with you local PGA professional.